I thought this day would never come!
No, unfortunately, it’s not the day I publish my first book. Nor is it the day I find an agent. Those things are still firmly entrenched in the “In Progress” column. No, it’s something less than that, but still exciting to me (and if I’ve learned anything, it’s that you take your good news where you can get it) :
It’s the first day of school!
Now, anyone who was with me in May will recall that I split off the family-related content into a separate blog (which you can find here), reserving this one for topics relating to my writing. I haven’t gone back on that decision; and I promise you that this is not a family-related post. Rather, I’m as excited about the first day of school as a writer as I am excited about it as a father. Because now, it’s time!
Time to get back on track!
Time to get some work done!
Summertime, with the kids at home, is a great time—but let’s admit it, things fall by the wayside. With forty-plus hours a week in the office, and all of the remaining daylight hours spent with the kids (who aren’t old enough to be trusted unattended yet), it’s hard to keep writing, though I made an effort at it (as seen in some of the short stories on this site). Now, today, it’s time to set things back in order, and I am looking forward to it. I hope you are, too!
So, with that said, here are some projects I have in the works, and where I stand on them:
- My novel, The Last Shot, is complete in its third draft. I’m in the process of searching for an agent, which requires preparing and sending query letters—dozens of them, most likely. I started this before the summer began, but was forced to set it aside for a few months. The next round of letters will go out in the upcoming 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned—as things progress, I will post excerpts and other news here!
- Cyndera and I have a joint project in the works—a volume to be published jointly via Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, in which we will each contribute a novella. These novellas will be works of science-fiction, and are the projects upon which we are each currently working. More details will be forthcoming as we have them—keep watching!
- I have a new Facebook page! For up-to-date information about my fiction, check it out at https://www.facebook.com/Timewalkerauthor.
- I’ll be expanding my posts on Twitter soon as well (after much persuasion—you know who you are). You can follow me on twitter @Timewalkerautho (and curse you, Twitter, for allowing one less character on usernames than I needed!).
- New stories and posts will continue to be posted here at Timewalkerauthor. As well, for family and spiritual content, you can check out my second blog at Thoughts of a Formerly Dead Man.
- In addition to the items above, I always have several other projects in the background. As I complete more urgent items, those will make their way to the surface. I’ll post more as they arrive!
Thanks for reading!